South Coast Winklespruit Holidays - KwaZulu Natal
Click here for Winklespruit Accommodation
Lying at the mouth of the Illovo River is Winklespruit, a South Coast gem where you will want to stay indefinitely. Lined with lush sub-tropical vegetation, Winklespruit is bordered inland by endless rolling green hills, and on the other side by a sandy South Coast shark-protected beach that stretches as far as the eye can see. The year-round warm South Cost Indian Ocean surf is popular with swimmers and surfers, and the Winklespruit tidal pool offers safe bathing for young and old alike.
What to do and see in and around Winklespruit, South Coast:
- Dive the South Coast Aliwal Shoal - only a short drive from Winkelspruit.
- Fish in Karridene - every angler's dream fishing spot.
- Horse ride on Kingsburgh beach - this town lies immediately alongside Winklespruit accommodation.
- Ice skate at Toti's Galleria Skating Rink - approximately 4km from Winkelspruit holidays.
- Golf at Amanzimtoti Golf Club - approximately 6km from Winklespruit holiday accommodation.
- Slip and slide at Splash Water World - situated on Amanzimtoti main beach.
- Pamper yourself at Armani Day Spa (Winklespruit)
Visit South Coast towns to the north and south of Winklespruit / Winkelspruit:
North of Winklespruit, South Coast:
Warner Beach (3.3km from Winklespruit) - if you're a surfer, Warner Beach, or 'Baggies Beach' as it's also known, is the place to be.
Kingsburgh (3.6km from Winklespruit) - described by visitors as the perfect South Coast beach holiday spot for total rest and relaxation.
Doonside (6.5km from Winklespruit) - sits perched on the banks of the South Coast Little Manzimtoti River.
Amanzimtoti (11km from Winklespruit) - ideal for South Coast snorkelling and diving adventures, as well as rock and deep sea fishing.
South of Winklespruit, South Coast:
Illovo Beach (3km from Winklespruit) - a favoured holiday resort destination, ideally located near many South Coast attractions.
Karridene (3.1km from Winklespruit) - offers endless stretches of beach, and almost year-round balmy, warm weather.
Umkomaas (16.9km from South Coast Winklespruit holiday accommodation) - golf at one of the oldest golf courses on the KZN South Coast.